Tuesday 19 October 2010

“Just say the lines and don't trip over the furniture”

Winter has well and truly arrived early this week, so I needed a pick me up – a jolt of glamour before I dig out the thermals. A trip to the theatre was just the ticket –I grabbed a friend (ill – also in need of pick-me-up) and went to see Design for Living at the Old Vic and it ticked all the boxes: Noel Coward, the 1930’s, New York and Paris... but I think more than anything it’s just comfort theatre. I sat there all cosy for three hours, big glass of wine and ice cream to hand, and I was transported back to being a kid again – watching old black and white films in the morning over at my gran’s house.  Nothing better to cheer the mood.  Why don’t TV channels put old films on during the day anymore in the UK?  Cheap crap home improvement telly... meh.  In homage, I have put together some glam moonstone dangly evening earrings, which will be featured on Etsy soon.  The picture below was taken just after making and doesn’t show them catching the light so I‘ll have to play around with the camera for the Etsy pics.
Moonstone gold dangle earrings

No comments:

Post a Comment